As an Program Analyst (Data Analytics), referred to here as Data Scientist, you will provide technical expertise improving the way it serves the public in support of agency missions and the Evidence Act. You will apply analytical methods to solving problems, communicate analyses findings to policy makers, and providing additional insight and evidence into policy making processes that better serve the American People.Learn more about this agency
- Automate the collection of data from varying sources, formats, and quality and prepare them for analysis.
- Apply a variety of analytical approaches to solve mission focused policy, methodologies, and/or administrative problems in a fast -paced environment.
- Clearly and concisely present the findings of analytical products to policymakers and non-technical audiences.
- Regularly conducts analysis in a programming or statistical software suite such as: R, Python, SAS, SPSS, STATA, Tableau, PowerBI (Specific Agency requirements may vary).
- Works with large data sets and/or data coming in at a high rate.
- GS-14 level candidates would be expected to work independently and/or act as a senior analyst in teams. They are a subject matter expert advising senior policy makers on methodological or analytical issues.
Occasional travel - Varies - Some positions may require travel. Please see https://smeqa.usds.gov/info/data-govwide for more information
None - Varies- Some positions may have promotion potential to higher grade levels. Please see https://smeqa.usds.gov/info/data-govwide for more information.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588499000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.