How to create an application
To create an application on USAJOBS:
- Sign into your USAJOBS account.
- Ensure all four sections of your Profile are up-to-date. During the application process some of this information is sent to the agency.
- Find the job announcement for which you would like to apply. You can use Basic, Advanced, Map, or your Saved Searches to find job announcements.
- Thoroughly review the job announcement, including the How to Apply and Required Documents sections.
- Select Apply Online. The USAJOBS application process will guide you through five steps:
- Select Resume
- Select Documents
- Review Package
- Include Personal Info
- Continue Application with Agency
- During the final step, you will be asked to certify that your application is true, complete, and made in good faith. If you answer YES, check the box and select Continue to Agency Site. Select Previous if you would like to go back to review or edit your information.
Once you select Continue to Agency Site, you will be sent to the agency application system where additional steps may be required.