This Direct-Hire position is in the Food and Drug Administration, with multiple locations throughout the U.S. and its territories.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: Based on the center, specific Physician duties may vary from described duties in the announcement.
Note: Salary figures shown represent the OPM General Schedule Base Salary. Title 38 Physician and Dentist Pay (PDP) is authorized in addition to base pay in order to recruit and retain highly qualified Physicians.
- Physicians will support the administration of health programs through a variety of activities. May develop clinical rationale for the coverage of new medical services, devices, and/or diagnostic methods.
- Monitor the post market safety and effectiveness of medical devices and/or drug/tobacco products, food safety and veterinarian medicine marked and used nationwide.
- Support the administration of occupational health programs and safety and health initiatives, provide associated consultation services. Determine the safety or efficacy of medical products and/or consumer drugs in clinical settings.
- Serve as a technical resident expert on various medical issues and products to include new drugs and tobacco products as well as medical devices, food safety and/or veterinarian medicine.
- May conduct clinical reviews and analyses of the quality of Federal health programs. Provide clinical support for the analysis of potential medical device-related public risks.
- Conduct medical review and evaluation of safety and health regulations, provide medical, toxicological, and epidemiological assistance to support safety and health investigations, etc.
- Design, conduct, and analyze evaluation studies and surveillance projects to measure the effectiveness of scientific public health programs and strategies.
- Establish policies regarding the analysis and interpretation of surveillance or regulation of medical devices, new drugs, generic drugs, and/or tobacco products, etc. and guidelines and performance expectations for staff members.
- Advise on policy guidance, conduct document reviews and interpret legislation affecting medical devices and/or new drugs or tobacco products.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/569253400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.