This position is located in Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park, in the Maintenance Division. Please visit find a park for additional park information.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Pathways Internship Program which is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore Federal careers while still in school. To review eligibility requirements for the Pathways Internship Program, please click here.
Interns may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to permanent employment, please click here for more information.
Positions are temporary with mixed work schedules based on student's schedule and the needs of the agency. Work may be part-time or full-time.
This is an indefinite, Excepted Service appointment that will continue as long as the incumbent meets the eligibility requirements under the Pathways Internship program and funding is available.
Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. All travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected employee.
- Uses various office automation applications, databases and software packages.
- Researches technical reports, and other documents to obtain information for higher graded professionals.
- Prepares graphs, charts and tables for use by others in presentations and reports.
- Conducts Real Property structural evaluations involving inspecting the physical condition of structures.
- Provides assistance to project teams for architectural and engineering tasks such as topographical surveys, field measurements and drawings of structures, AutoCad and /or Archmap drawings from field notes.
- Assists in performing Cost Estimates.
- Communicates verbally and in writing.
- Apply engineering principles to operating situations at the C&O Canal National Historical Park, including canal operations.
Occasional travel - Some local travel may be required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495284100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.