SummaryThese positions are to be filled under the OPM Government-Wide Direct Hire Authority Certain STEM Positions for grades GS 11-15. This serves as a public notice for the use of the Direct Hire Authority in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 3327 and 3330 and 5 CFR 330. Under this recruitment procedure, applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThis series covers positions managing, supervising, leading, and/or performing professional engineering and scientific work.
As a General Engineer, at minimum you will:
- Use sound technical judgment and initiative to resolve the challenges of changing conditions and other problems relative to the assigned projects and programs.
- Use physics or mechanical, nuclear, electrical, chemical, civil, or industrial engineering theories, principles, and practices.
- Analyze situations, identify problems, probe causes, and recommends courses of action or solutions.
- Work closely with a team, perform assessments, clearly and concisely document assessment results, and present findings orally and in writing to the approval authority.
- Coordinate with related engineering and physical science fields adequate to effectively discuss technical points and to recommend acceptable engineering solutions to problems.
- Perform and interpret calculations, analyses, and computations for unknown factors or relationships primarily in the matters of factual nature of involving well understood mechanisms.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615982700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.