SummaryThese positions are to be filled under the OPM Government-Wide Direct Hire Authority STEM Positions for grades GS 11-15. This serves as a public notice for the use of the Direct Hire Authority in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 3327 and 3330 and 5 CFR 330. Under this recruitment procedure, applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.Learn more about this agency
As an Economist you will:
- Conceive, design, perform and document a broad range of economic analyses and research assignments involving conditions and problems pertaining to Energy and bring such studies to meaningful conclusions.
- Evaluate impact of new technologies, systems, policies, and international market forces.
- Document study purposes, methods, assumptions, and conclusions, and bries high-level officials. Acquire thorough parametric knowledge of subjects to perform sound, authoritative economic analyses.
- Obtain, compile, organize, and analyze economic data. Select critical elements of real world systems for inclusion in models and applies economical techniques in innovative ways.
- Monitor and conduct special studies important to agency decision makers. Analyze in innovative ways, the effects of different policies and advises high level managers of positive and negative effects of the different policies and policy options.
- Generate ideas for new programs, policies, studies and approaches in assigned subject areas.
- Brief study sponsors and high level officials on findings and conclusions of studies, and on relationships of conclusions to existing and proposed policies and policy options.
- Apply extensive knowledge of issues, problems, and subjects studies to assure results reflect real world environments.
- May serve as a project leader, assuming responsibility for the development of project planning, coordination of overall team efforts, and maintaining appropriate lines of communication.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615975200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.