This position is located in Fossil Butte National Monument and will work under the direct supervision of the park Museum Curator. Position is full-time, year-round temporary appointment not-to-exceed one year with potential to be extended for an additional one year for a maximum of two years based on agency needs and potential funding.Learn more about this agency
- Identify, sort, and classify objects for museum collection related to fossil resources. Catalog museum objects and enters data into the designated NPS catalog program.
- Handle, clean, store, and label museum objects for permanent collections.
- Process incoming and outgoing loans of museum objects ensuring proper documentation, handling, packaging, and return of loan objects.
- Maintain museum collection records and updates standard operating procedures.
- Assist with the design, installation, repair, and rehabilitation of exhibits.
- Participates in fossil excavation and preparation of specimens for exhibition.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613647900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.