The position is located in the Office of the Secretary of Defense, DoD Chief Information Office(DoD CIO), Office of the Deputy Chief Information Officer for Cybersecurity (DCIO (CS))//DoD Senior Information Security Officer (SISO).Learn more about this agency
This position is a DoD Cyber Excepted Service (CES) personnel system position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1599f.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It is being recruited under 10 U.S.C. 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service (CES) personnel system.
If you are a current Federal Career/Career-Conditional employee, you will be placed on an Excepted appointment.
This appointment does not confer eligibility to be non-competitively converted to an appointment in the competitive service.
For more information see https://public.cyber.mil/cw/dod-cyber-excepted-service-ces/
Incumbents typical work assignments may include the following:
- Ensures implementation of policies across CS, develops systems and standards for the administration and management of approved policies.
- Plans and analyzes new business process methods or techniques that are of material significance in the solution of important business problems with unprecedented or novel aspects.
- Develops original concepts for advanced business systems, controls, or analysis. Identifies alternative approaches or compromises to develop the most cost effective business solutions.
- Maintains current information on status of all operations and maintenance funds to identify actual or potential problem areas, trends, deficiency situations, areas of imbalance, or similar factors that could impact the effective management control of these funds.
- Plans, establishes, and directs a program for establishing administrative control systems for a major agency component.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607358700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.