This position is located in Cyber Security Assessment, Verification, Remediation, and Reporting (JBC), Cyber Security (JB), Information Technology (J), Bonneville Power Administration (BPA).Learn more about this agency
The purpose of this position is to serve as an IT specialist in the Cyber Security Assessment & Verification group, performing duties associated with the information security (INFOSEC) specialty area.
As an IT Cybersecurity Specialist, at the full performance level you will:
- Develop, implement, and coordinate activities designed to ensure, protect, and restore IT systems, services, and capabilities.
- Provide advice and guidance in implementing IT security policies and procedures in the development and operation of network systems.
- Evaluate, recommend the acquisition of, implement, and disseminate IT security tools, procedures, and practices to protect information assets.
- Plan and conduct security control assessments for installed systems, devices, or networks, and recommend new or revised security measures and countermeasures based on the results of security control assessments.
- Evaluate new security technologies such as public key infrastructure certificates, secure cards, and biometrics. Recommend the purchase of security software, and assess implementation according to the established security authorization process.
- Identify and specify information systems security requirements associated with migrations to new environments, and provide guidance in planning and implementing migration activities.
- Develop specifications to ensure compliance with security requirements at the systems or Local Area Network (LAN) level and the enterprise level.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606934500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.