U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Justice Management Division (JMD), Library Staff's mission is to provide a leadership role in meeting the information needs of the Department of Justice. The primary purpose of this position is to provide direction and guidance in one or more library locations or to a major library system program. The Staff provides a complete range of library and related information services to the Offices, Boards, and Divisions and other DOJ organizations.Learn more about this agency
- Supervises a team consisting of Librarians (Law) at the full performance level performing professional, librarianship work and contractors.
- Provides direction of operations and guidance in one or more library locations or to a major library system program, in order to provide an effective program of user/public awareness of library programs and services.
- Performs the administrative and human resource management functions relative to the staff supervised.
- Serves as an expert in the organization, development and implementation of multiple projects involving the Library Staff.
- Responsible for planning, initiating, establishing, and maintaining professional relationships in order to further DOJ libraries resource sharing initiatives and to coordinate cataloging and digitization workflows.
- Provides research, training, analysis, and expertise to attorneys and professional staff in all practice areas of the Department of Justice.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the position description.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606038900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.