U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Obtaining your transcripts

An official transcript is a copy of your permanent academic record and includes:

  • A list of the courses you took.
  • The dates you attended the school.
  • Your major and degree.
  • Your cumulative grade point average (GPA).
  • Any honors you received.
  • The date your degree was awarded.

Can I submit an unofficial copy of my transcript?

The job announcement will tell you if you can submit a ‘copy’ or ‘unofficial copy’ of your transcript or if it needs to be a ‘certified copy’. Most of the time it’s okay to submit an unofficial copy of your transcript when you first apply to the job. If you get further along in the application process, you may need to submit a ‘certified official’ and unopened copy from your academic institution.

How do I request a transcript?

To request a transcript, first visit your school’s website. You may be able to complete your request online. If your college doesn’t offer this service, contact the Registrar’s Office. The Registrar’s Office may require specific personal information before sending you the transcript. You may need to provide:

  • Your full name and handwritten signature.
  • Your social security number or student ID number.
  • Your current address and phone number.
  • The dates you attended the school or your graduation date.
  • The address where you want your transcript to be mailed.

Your college may charge a small fee to mail you your transcript.

  • Contact us

    Please use the form below to contact us. We will get back to you within one business day. Your interest and patience are appreciated.

    USAJOBS does not provide direct phone support. The form below will allow you to send an email to the Help Desk where you can request assistance by phone or email.

    All fields are required unless otherwise noted

    Please provide your phone number in case your issue cannot be resolved via email.

    Please do not include your Social Security Number.

    (2000 characters remaining)