What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
- GS-13: $97,078 (Step 01) to $126,202 (Step 10);
- GS-14: $114,717 (Step 01) to $149,129 (Step 10).
As a Research Ecologist/Fisheries Biologist/Wildlife Biologist (Unit Leader) within the Georgia Cooperative Research Unit, some of your specific duties will include:
- Plans, conducts, and directs research related to fish, wildlife, or ecological resources, with application to contemporary science, policy and management needs.
- Conducts research that is cooperator driven and provides scientific basis for management and policy decisions.
- Serves as subject matter expert in fish and wildlife ecology, providing leadership and guidance to government and private agencies and university representatives through participation in meetings, conferences and work groups.
- Disseminate research results via final reports, peer-reviewed print scientific journals, online scientific journals, books, book chapters or other outlets. Make presentations on findings to scientific and conservation organizations.
- Serves as graduate faculty member, contributing to both the research, graduate student mentorship, and teaching mission of the university.
- The selectee will be required to obtain a graduate faculty appointment at the University of Georgia in Athens.
- Operates a government vehicle as an incidental driver.
Desired candidates will possess the following: 1) strong record of conducting objective-driven, applied research on the ecology and management of fish, wildlife, or the habitats they require; 2) strong quantitative skills and the ability to conduct research at landscape scales; 3) experience teaching and advising graduates students; 4) graduate faculty appointment at the University of Georgia in Athens; 5) responsible for all aspects of their own research program including obtaining funding, designing field studies, analyzing data, and publishing research in high quality journals; and 6) responsible for unit administration, and the supervision of federal scientists.
25% or less - Will be expected to travel up to 5 nights per month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603410900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.