SummaryThese positions are to be filled under the OPM Government-Wide Direct Hire Authority Certain STEM Positions for grades GS 11-15. This serves as a public notice for the use of the Direct Hire Authority in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 3327 and 3330 and 5 CFR 330. Applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThis series includes positions that involve professional work in the physical sciences and may include work in a combination of physical science fields.
As a Physical Scientist, at minimum you will:
- Provide scientific advice and guidance to officials, managers, scientists, and engineer.
- Serve as an expert for a significant segment of a specific area in one or more of the following: advanced scientific computing research; basic energy sciences; biological and environmental research; fusion energy sciences; high energy physics; nuclear physics; and workforce development.
- Provide technical guidance on proposed research projects and programs of interest.
- Coordinate, implement, and evaluate segments of research programs in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Assemble essential information on topics of assigned segments of research through various source materials.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603078200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.