SummaryThese positions are to be filled under the OPM Government-Wide Direct Hire Authority Certain STEM Positions for grades GS11-15. This serves as a public notice for the use of the Direct Hire Authority in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 3327 and 3330 and 5 CFR 330. Under this recruitment procedure, applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.Learn more about this agency
This series covers positions that manage, supervise, lead, or perform scientific work or provide professional consultation in applying statistical theories, techniques, and methods to gather, analyze, interpret, and/or report quantified information.
As a Statistician, at minimum you may:
- Apply a variety of statistical techniques such as logistic regression, and generalized risk models, analysis of frequency distributions; analysis and modeling of multivariate; sampling; analysis of variance; determining confidence limits; and estimating magnitudes to laboratory and/or clinical data.
- Develop and maintain statistical analysis programs for databases.
- Serve as a technical expert with respect to all phases of statistical interpretation.
- Provide technical advice to peers and senior managers within and outside of the organization on statistical methods and techniques. Prepare comprehensive reports of study results to include discussion of substantive research objectives.
- Assess the adequacy and quality of data used in the analysis. Prepare an explanation of the methodologies, results, and relevance of issues and problems under study.
- Disseminate results of research projects in a wide range of venues including publications, peer reviewed journals, summaries, manuscripts, and special reports.
- Identify specific statistical research areas that merit investigation, develop new hypotheses and approaches for studies and evaluate the feasibility of such endeavors.
- Initiate, formulate, plan, execute and control statistical studies, which are designed for the purpose of identifying, analyzing, and reporting on energy-related issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603077700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.