SummaryThese positions are to be filled under the OPM Government-Wide Direct Hire Authority Certain STEM Positions for grades GS 11-15. This serves as a public notice for the use of the Direct Hire Authority in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 3327 and 3330 and 5 CFR 330. Under this recruitment procedure, applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThe Department of Energy is seeking motivated and highly-qualified candidates for exciting positions available in multiple locations throughout the United States.
The mission of the Energy Department is to ensure America's security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions.
This series covers positions managing, supervising, leading, and/or performing professional engineering and scientific work.
As a General Engineer, at minimum you will:
- Use sound technical judgment and initiative to resolve the challenges of changing conditions and other problems relative to the assigned projects and programs.
- Use physics or mechanical, nuclear, electrical, chemical, civil, or industrial engineering theories, principles, and practices.
- Analyze situations, identify problems, probe causes, and recommends courses of action or solutions.
- Work closely with a team, perform assessments, clearly and concisely document assessment results, and present findings orally and in writing to the approval authority.
- Coordinate with related engineering and physical science fields adequate to effectively discuss technical points and to recommend acceptable engineering solutions to problems.
- Perform and interpret calculations, analyses, and computations for unknown factors or relationships primarily in the matters of factual nature of involving well understood mechanisms.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603077600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.