A successful candidate in this position will perform research and analyses of larger projects pertaining to the energy sector or to a sub-sector of it. Assignments involve the initiation, formulation, planning, execution and control of analytical studies or continuing projects; require the modification and adaption of a variety of methods or the development of new research techniques and procedures; consideration of the effects of new and emerging techniques.Learn more about this agency
As an Operations Research Analyst, you will:
- Develop, design, formulate, execute, coordinate, perform and document a broad range of analyses involving current and projected pricing, production, supply and distribution patterns, conditions and problems pertaining to energy and bring such studies to meaningful conclusions.
- Perform analyses through parametric knowledge of subject studies and related projects.
- Identify specific research areas that merit investigation, develop new hypotheses and approaches for studies and evaluate the feasibility of such endeavors. Initiate, formulate, plan, execute and controls studies, which are designed for the purpose of identifying, analyzing, and reporting on energy-related issues.
- Advise management on the selection of an appropriate study design, analysis, and in interpretation of study results.
- Conduct research and studies or projects related to analytical, statistical, or mathematical computations in the preparation of energy cost estimates, programs, and/or research. Develop reliable methods and strategies to merge survey data with administrative and utilization data.
- Monitor and conduct a variety of specialized and complex research projects and studies important to agency decision-makers. Monitor, evaluate and coordinate projects and studies carried out under contract.
- Apply extensive knowledge of issues, problems and subjects studied to assure results reflect real world environments. Brief study sponsors and high-level officials on progress and conclusions of studies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602188300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.