This is a seasonal temporary appointment, not-to-exceed 1039 hours in a service year. The typical seasonal entry-on-duty period is April - October, but can be variable during these months due to weather conditions, project needs, or funding. Temporary positions may be terminated at any time due to lack of work or funding.Learn more about this agency
Anticipated Entry on Duty: May 2021.
This position is located within the Integrated Resources Division of the High Plains Group Parks at Sand Creek Massacre National Historic Site (SAND) in Eads, CO. SAND is in the process of creating the Center for Sand Creek Massacre Studies where researchers, visitors, and staff will be able to delve more deeply into the causes and consequences of the November 29, 1864 massacre. This study center will provide digital and limited physical access to the unit's archives. The archives technician will have the opportunity to advance processing of the backlog of park archives and will create documentation at the foundation of the Center and the park unit's museum collections. Work will be primarily at the Visitor and Education Center located in Eads, CO.
- Catalogs and indexes a large variety of materials using professional archives principles and techniques to survey, appraise, arrange, describe, and catalog archives and manuscript collections.
- Uses the NPS automated cataloging system (Interior Collection Management System) and procedures to catalog, manage archival collections, and assist in preparation of finding aids.
- Provides proper storage for historic documents including rehousing, monitored climate control systems, and accessibility aids.
- Prepares special studies, compiles reports, and performs specialized research as necessary to further the proper management of historic document collections.
- Performs a variety of clerical functions including responding to external and internal research requests.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595551600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.