Collect and account for fees at various locations interacting with visitors and sharing information. Serve as front-line representative to answer questions and offer guidance to guests.Learn more about this agency
Likely Entry on Duty: March-July 2021.
Open to the first 150 applicants.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the 03/12/2021 to be considered.
For more park(s) information, select "Learn more about this agency" below:
Visitor Use Assistant Standard Duties:
- Collect and account for fees.
- Interact with park guests at an entrance station, visitor center, campground or other visitor contact station.
- Visitor management such as traffic control, lost item assistance and special event set-up/take-down.
- Stressful situations may occur on a daily basis.
Additional duties for GS-04:
- Provide answers to recurring visitor questions, and describe the area's recreational opportunities, including NPS interpretive services, concession-operated facilities and services, and campground registration processes, explaining regulations.
- Distribute park brochures and printed material.
- Inform visitors of potential safety hazards.
- Receive and appropriately handle or refer complaints.
- Follow established accountability guidelines for handling government funds.
- Operate electronic computerized cash register, perform opening and closing shift functions.
- Issues entrance receipts, park passes, and federal recreation passports in accordance with established guidelines, and
- Verify entrance receipts and various passes for validity dates.
Additional duties for GS-05:
- includes the duties listed above as well as completing deposit reports to verify money collections, accountable stock sold, and all machine transactions from shifts using journal and receipt tapes and computer software.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593674800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.