This is an open continuous vacancy announcement. Applicants will be referred periodically throughout the announcement period. Final application disposition will be completed once all positions have been filled or the announcement reaches the end of the open period stated in the announcement. The first cut-off date is 11:59pm EST, March 10, 2021.Learn more about this agency
- Responding to emergency medical assistance calls by ambulance, patrol vehicle, and / or on foot to emergency scenes while adhering to park standard operating procedures, governing traffic ordinances and laws pertaining to the operation of emergency and patrol vehicles.
- Independently conducts accurate and complete patient assessments in the field, ambulance and clinical setting. Uses advanced knowledge of topographic anatomy, knowledge of major body systems, knowledge of emergency medical techniques and procedures and knowledge relevant to understanding the legal considerations of emergency care.
- Perform initial triage of patient(s), following with additional patient assessment. Selects appropriate patient treatment protocol and/or modifies protocols independently from basic approaches, if necessary. Appropriately determines the nature, extent, and seriousness of the patient's condition. Identifies and treats trauma and medical emergencies using knowledge of emergency medical treatment techniques/procedures, topographic anatomy, and major body systems (e.g.; skeletal, muscular, nervous, etc.).
- Appropriately documents all assessment findings, treatments and procedures, patient demographics, insurance and billing information. Demonstrates literacy in computerized information systems.
- Recognizes the signs and symptoms of life-threatening and non-life-threatening trauma and medical emergencies. Provides appropriate basic treatment as outlined in governing protocol(s), in route, or until advanced or definitive care is provided. Conducts field treatment at scene, in route or until definitive care is provided. Assists with patient treatment in clinical setting under the supervision and direction of a higher level provider.
- Communicates clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing, with patients, medical staff and public safety personnel, exhibiting familiarity with medical terminology.
- Ensures excellent condition of all ambulance supplies, medication and equipment to include checking expiration dates, stock amounts, functionality, cleanliness and repair/replacement as needed.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593532300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.