This position is located at the Technical Information Center (TIC), Denver Service Center (DSC), Denver, Colorado, which is the central repository for planning, design and construction documents for the National Park Service (NPS) with over one million drawings and over 120,000 documents. TIC administers a major body of archival documents, drawings and project records documenting the NPS's built infrastructure and history.Learn more about this agency
The major duties of the Archivist position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Professional archival work in appraising, accessioning, arranging, describing, preserving, publishing or providing reference service from public records and historic documents.
- Responsible for a broad range of functions, including surveying, arranging, preserving, describing and providing reference services while simultaneously possessing subject area specialty area expertise for support functions in the records repository (e.g., architectural records, project documentation, writing technical guidelines, submitting grant proposals, and creation of 508 accessible documents).
- Evaluates, organizes, arranges, preserves, and maintains a major body of archival and electronic information and records. including providing necessary reference and research services from this body.
- Provides research the application of knowledge of the fundamental principles and theoretical concepts of professional archival work.
- The ability to apply such knowledge to practical archival problems with versatility, judgment and perception, the ability to use archival materials and related manuscript and published sources in performing the research that underlies and is fundamental to the accomplishment of all archival functions at the professional level.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589339100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.