The incumbent serves as an archivist for the South Florida Collections Management Center (SFCMC), Everglades National Park.Open to the first 100 applicants or until 12/21/2020 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration. Learn more about this agency
TERM positions do not convey permanent status in the Federal service and will be for a period not to exceed thirteen months, with possible extensions up to a total of four years without further competition.
- Evaluates records, archival, and manuscript collections in adherence with federal records management guidelines. Evaluates records against scope of collection statement and archival appraisal criteria. Recommends specific non-official records for inclusion in museum collection.
- Researches collection provenance, original order, series components, dates, document formats, processes, creators, authenticity, topical content data, legal status, and legal validity of access restrictions and ownership history.
- Conducts baseline condition survey of archival collections and prioritizes collections for treatment or reformatting. Proposes to supervisor recommendations for treatment or reformatting and provides proposed treatment or reformatting inspection criteria.
- Rehouses the park archival and manuscript collections, as needed. Sets up archival storage, processing, work and reference services areas, reading room spaces with good environments, security, fire protection, and supervision.
- Monitors, controls, and maintains the environment for collections, including light, temperature, relative humidity, and air quality, and oversees the integrated pest management program.
- In consultation with the records manager, conducts records surveys in all park structures, and writes collection-level survey descriptions.
- Enters the collection into the NPS automated collections management system. Researches and reviews archival and manuscript collection restrictions, e.g., copyright.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586341200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.