Interpretive Rangers develop and present educational programs including guided walks and presentations working with audiences in a variety of park settings.Learn more about this agency
Likely entry on duty: March-July 2021.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 (EST) on 07/31/2021 to be considered.
Click here for the OPM Salaries and Wages to calculate locality pay.
For more park(s) information, select "Learn more about this agency" below:
Park Ranger (Interpretation-Language) Standard Duties:
- Develop and present a variety of programs including guided walks, illustrated talks (PowerPoint amphitheater and campfire programs) and demonstrations.
- Develop programs using principles of the NPS thematic interpretation model through topic research, familiarity with and creative use of delivery techniques.
- Provide informal interpretation and orientation for park guests in visitor centers, ranger stations and while roving in the field.
- Perform cashier duties and assist with a variety of special projects to support park goals.
- Actively promote the safety of park visitors and stewardship of park resources in all interactions, and potentially serve as the initial contact for accident reporting and emergency assistance.
- You will present informal and formal talks.
- Lead guided tours, and
- respond to visitor inquiries for information, direction and guidance.
- You will perform duties listed at the GS-5 level as well as provide on-the-job training and assistance to team members.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585289500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.