This position is located in Haleakala National Park.
TERM positions do not convey permanent status in the Federal service and will be for a period not to exceed thirteen months, with possible extensions up to a total of four years without further competition.Open to the first 100 applicants or until 12/04/2020 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration. Learn more about this agency
This position will implement park management actions to coordinate and participate in scientific field activities addressing the recovery of endangered bird species, in particular, mosquito control and aviate malaria control.
- Develop and prepare resource management plans
- Identify native Hawaiian flora and fauna and habitat requirements
- Measure and evaluate fauna
- Prepare and organize data dictionaries, and Geographic Information System (GIS) related research plans
- Apply scientific knowledge to write successful competitive proposals for funding
- Identify non-native species
- Oversee scientific collection of fauna
- Use Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment to collect special data and associated attributes
- Determine status and trends of special-status wildlife species (endangered, threatened, or species of concern)
- Download and create GIS layers from GPS coordinates
- Set and adjust short-term priorities and prepare schedules for completion of work for a team or work group
- Work with professional staff to plan, coordinate, and conduct field research projects
- Identify the effects of climate change on natural resources
- Organize, manage and maintain a GIS database
- Prepare written reports summarizing accomplishments and findings, ensuring that products are technically accurate and organized
- Prepare and coordinate Forest Bird recovery implementation projects and monitoring plan and present findings at internal, public, and professional meetings
- Coordinate the park's natural resource strategies and programs with adjacent lands in order to protect park resources
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585071800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.