Interpretive Rangers develop and present educational programs including guided walks and presentations, and working with audiences in a variety of park settings.Learn more about this agency
Likely Entry On Duty: March-July 2021.
Open to the first 550 applicants.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the 11/20/2020 to be considered.
For more park(s) information, select "Learn more about this agency" below:
Park Ranger (Interpretation) Standard Duties:
- Develop and present a variety of programs including guided walks, illustrated talks (PowerPoint amphitheater and campfire programs) and demonstrations.
- Develop programs using principles of the NPS thematic interpretation model through topic research, familiarity with and creative use of delivery techniques.
- Provide informal interpretation and orientation for park guests in visitor centers, ranger stations and while roving in the field.
- Perform cashier duties and assist with a variety of special projects to support park goals.
- Actively promote the safety of park visitors and stewardship of park resources in all interactions, and potentially serve as the initial contact for accident reporting and emergency assistance.
- You will present informal and formal talks.
- Lead guided tours, and
- respond to visitor inquiries for information, direction and guidance.
Additional duties for GS-7:
- You will perform duties listed at the GS-5 level as well as provide on-the-job training and assistance to team members.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather from snow, wind, and rain to sun and heat. Work involves standing for long periods of time, walking over rough and uneven terrain and living in close quarters with co-workers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580725100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.