This position is located in San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park, in the Cultural Resources and Museum Management Division, Collections Branch. The extensive archives document west coast maritime history. The archivist is responsible for the preservation, documentation and accessibility of photograph, audiovisual and oral history archives. They oversee the development and maintenance of a growing digital archives repository. Please visit find a park for additional park information.Learn more about this agency
- Develop the Park photographs, audiovisual and oral history archives. Evaluate archival acquisitions using the Park Scope of Collections Statement and records policies.
- Research and document provenance, chain of custody, original order, arrangement, dates, formats, processes, creators, authenticity, topical content and access restrictions
- Assess condition of archival collections; prioritize treatment or reformatting. Plan and participate in preventive conservation and disaster recovery actions. Oversee and maintain the Park's nitrate film-based collection storage repository.
- Oversee and perform preservation digitization using professional guidelines and standards. Develop, guide and maintain digital archives preservation procedures and storage systems of digitized collections and born-digital electronic records.
- Publish online Encoded Archival Description collection guides. Create and provide derivative images and metadata for online NPS platforms. Perform or support reference service for research, use or exhibit by the public or Park staff.
- Review and write development policies using professional archival and NPS standards. Plan, assist and complete processing, cataloging and storage of these collections.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578910800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.