The Assistant Secretary of Defense for Acquisition (ASD(A)) is responsible for advising the Secretary of Defense, Deputy Secretary of Defense, and the USD(A&S) on matters relating to acquisition and the integration and protection of technology that enable capability for the warfighter. The ASD(A) is responsible for Department policies and procedures governing the Department's procurement and acquisition process.Learn more about this agency
As a Program Analyst your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Provide acquisition analysis support on the more than 150 NC3 portfolio programs both in development and in sustainment.
- Provide overarching support to NC3 sub-portfolio managers (SPM) working in the areas of Satellite Communications, Surveillance and Warning, Command and Control, Terrestrial and Transport, and Sustainment.
- Conduct analyses of Service and OSD Staff developed costs estimates including Program Office Estimates (POE), Non Advocate Cost Assessments (NACA), Service Cost Positions (SCP), Independent Cost Estimates (ICA), and Acquisition Program Baseline funding estimates for NC3 programs.
- Conduct trade studies to expedite capability delivery or to correct known cost, schedule, or performance deficiencies and develops recommendations to the Director NC3 on programmatic actions and resources necessary to establish executable programs.
- Review existing Service mitigation strategies aimed at lowering program cost, schedule, and performance risk.
- Provide analysis of new or proposed legislation, regulations, and Defense appropriation committee activities to determine impact on NC3 acquisition programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/574622600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.