This position serves as the Bureau Archivist within the Museum Management Program in Washington, DC. The Program oversees and provides advice, technical assistance, and professional development support to NPS parks, centers, and regional offices in caring for museum collections comprising of more than 85,000 linear feet of archives.Learn more about this agency
Open to the first 100 applicants or until 04/06/2020 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.
The major duties of the Bureau Archivist role include but are not limited to the following:
- - Develop and oversee procedures and programs pertaining to Service-wide management of paper and electronic archival and manuscript collections and ensure conformance with relevant laws as well as with Department of the Internior (DOI), National Park Service (NPS), and National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) policies.
- - Provide leadership in the development of new, innovative policies, programs, and practices as they pertain to electronic records management in the museum program.
- - Evaluate and recommend improvements to ICMS/MCMS database functional requirements and assist with implementations and maintenance of program components that relate to archival collections.
- - Review planning documents pertaining to archival collections in parks, regions, and other offices.
- - Evaluate Service-wide staff training needs on archival theory and practice.
- - Represent NPS at meetings with NARA, DOI, and the Library of Congress and respond to requests about the NPS management of archival collections.
Duties will be developmental in nature when filled below the full performance level.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563747400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.