This position is located in the Northeast Regional Office, at the Olmsted Center for Landscape Preservation in Boston, MA or Richmond, VA.Learn more about this agency
The typical seasonal entry-on-duty period for Northeast Regional Office is May-October, but can be variable during these months due to weather conditions, project needs, or funding. Anticipated Entry on Duty: 5/24/2020.
Pay Rate (Hourly)
Richmond, VA: $21.44 per hour
Boston, MA: $23.08 per hour
As a Cartographic Technician GS-1371-07, you will:
- Serve as an important team member working to accomplish the annual work plan of the Olmsted Center for Landscape Preservation.
- Supervised by experienced staff, the incumbent will help to support the Olmsted Center's Landscape Preservation Planning and the Landscape Preservation Maintenance teams.
- Will provide national parks with technical services, creating mapping and cartographic products documenting park cultural landscapes. The timely provision of these services is fundamental to the completion of cultural landscapes inventory records and cultural landscape report, as well as in providing timely technical assistance and responding to resource emergencies.
- Major duties include leading teams conducting field surveys, resource inventories and preparing cartographic products for inclusion in planning projects.
- Work involves creating accurate maps to scale from data collected during field work and from pre-existing data sets.
- Responsibilities include reviewing the work of others, and providing one-on-one guidance and training.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563560900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.