This position is located in the Northeast Regional Office, at the Olmsted Center for Landscape Preservation in Boston, MA or Richmond, VA.Learn more about this agency
The typical seasonal entry-on-duty period for Northeast Regional Office is May-October, but can be variable during these months due to weather conditions, project needs, or funding. Anticipated Entry on Duty: 5/24/2020
2020 Pay Rate (Hourly)
Richmond, VA: $17.31 per hour
Boston, MA: $18.63 per hour
As a Cartographic Technician GS-1371-05, you will:
- Serve as an important team member working to accomplish the annual work plan of the Olmsted Center for Landscape Preservation.
- Supervised by experienced staff, the incumbent will help to support the Olmsted Center's Landscape Preservation Planning and the Landscape Preservation Maintenance teams.
- Will provide national parks with technical services, creating mapping and cartographic products documenting park cultural landscapes. The timely provision of these services is fundamental to the completion of cultural landscapes inventory records and cultural landscape report, as well as in providing timely technical assistance and responding to resource emergencies.
- Working in teams conducting field surveys, resource inventories and preparing planning projects.
- Work involves creating maps to scale and accuracy as directed from data collected during the course of field work and also from pre-existing data sets.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563448300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.