This position is located in Saguaro National Park, in the Division of Visitor Services and Protection.Learn more about this agency
The typical seasonal entry-on-duty period for Saguaro National Park is April thru September, but can be variable during these months due to weather conditions, project needs, or funding. Anticipated Entry on Duty: April 12, 2020
Open to the first 50-applicants or until 03/16/2020 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.
The core responsibilities of this position are a full range of Park Ranger generalist duties including back-country duties and front country patrol.
in the Rincon Mountain District of Saguaro National Park. The Ranger spends time in the field doing strenuous hiking or horseback riding, performing project work, working with trail crew, contacting visitors, and responding to all types of emergencies including wildland fires. Helping to coordinate and maintain a busy backcountry Ranger Station with a multitude of different work groups coming and going throughout the summer season. Incumbent will be performing the following duties:
- Emergency services (emergency medical, search and rescue, emergency dispatch)
- Performs as a Type 2 wildland firefighter.
- Assist in the management, information dissemination, or the carrying out of programs in a park, conservation reserve or similar area
- Responsible for daily care of stock assigned, to include watering, maintaining shelter, securing fencing or corrals, treating injuries.
- Conducts interpretive programs and demonstrations outside park boundaries for the purpose of informing the community about the agency mission and resources.
- Assist in carrying out the park's Safety and Health Programs.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562255000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.