This position is a Full-Time temporary positions not-to-exceed 1039 regular hours in a service year. Individuals selected under this vacancy announcement may be eligible for rehire in subsequent service years provided the employee does not exceed 1039 hours of work in their service year. The typical seasonal entry-on-duty period is April-September, but can be variable during these months due to weather conditions, project needs, or funding. Anticipated Entry on Duty: July 2018.Learn more about this agency
- Assist in the maintenance, repair, and restoration of structures and surfaces constructed of stone.
- Assist higher-graded employees in the preparation of test mixes and prepares amended and unamended mortars according to specifications.
- With minimal direct supervision, you will remove damaged portions of walls, partitions or other similar structures in preparation for repair.
- Documented photographically, through sketches and narratives to enable original configurations to be reestablished.
- Cap, resent, respell, grout, and reinforce walls, with closer supervision, so that the repaired portion closely matches the original, undamaged portions of the structure.
- Load and unload cement, soil, stone, tools, and equipment, and stacks and handles stone building materials and supplies.
- Dig, rake, and backfill excavations, shovel concrete and mortar, and cut brush.
- If necessary, may perform other trades-related work such as painting, carpentry, electrical, and other similar work on a limited, as needed basis.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555365900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.