Temporary positions not-to-exceed 1039 regular hours in a service year may be terminated sooner or extended depending on management needs.Learn more about this agency
The typical seasonal entry-on-duty period is April to October, but can be variable during these months due to weather conditions, project needs, or funding. Anticipated Entry on Duty: April 2020
Open to the first 100 applicants or until 01/17/2020 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.
- Assist in carpentry, masonry, roofing, simple electrical installations, and painting interior and exterior surfaces while working on historic properties.
- Assemble appropriate tools, materials, supplies, gear and equipment neccesary to complete daily work projects.
- Assist in the performance of building mainentance work including basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, preparing surfaces for painting, stabilizing foundations, pointing walls, chimneys, and other building elements.
- Use tapes, rules and squares to accurately execute historic preservation projects.
- Follow and carry out assignments in accordance with established oral and written directions.
- Select carpentry and masonry materials for repair of historic and modern structures.
- Properly use and maintain a variety of tools with the use of necessary personal protective equipment.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/554911100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.