This position is located in NPS Regional Office Serving Interior Regions 6,7 and 8, in the Submerged Resources Center.Learn more about this agency
Open to the first 75 applicants or until 12/20/2019 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.
- Scopes and assists in the preparation of archeological projects, archeological survey and documentation of submerged cultural resources throughout the National Park System and with partners on a state, national, and international level.
- Acquires, records, and interprets archeological underwater remote sensing data in the Geographic Information System (GIS) compatible formats for cultural and natural resources purposes.
- Archeologically documents and evaluates underwater archeological sites using traditional mapping, imaging, and sampling techniques.
- Tracks and adds to scholarship in archeology, underwater archeology, anthropology and related fields through journals, publications and conference attendance.
- Plans and executes research to locate and assess significance of submerged cultural and natural resources in NPS areas Service-wide and to provide data for development of resource management and protection strategies.
- Assists with SRC staff training and development in human factors, archeological theory, archeological techniques, scholarship and professional communications
75% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/553190200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.