This position is located in the Office of the Assistant to the Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs (OATSD (PA)). The Assistant to the Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs (ATSD (PA)) is the principal staff assistant and advisor to the Secretary of Defense on Department of Defense (DoD) public affairs and on internal information and related activities of the Defense Media Activity.Learn more about this agency
Your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Reviews policy governing a broad range of programs and services in the Public Affairs areas of responsibility to include but not limited to; Public Affairs Operations and Guidance, DoD Assistance to Entertainment and Non-Entertainment Media Print, Motion Picture, Television and Video Productions, Visual Information, American Forces Radio and Television Services, Public Affairs Community Relations Policy, Public Affairs Training and Education and DoD Newspapers, Magazines, Guides, and Installation Maps.
- Research and recommend policy and proponency advice and provide staff support to senior PA leadership as such as the ATSD (PA) and PDATSD (PA).
- Develops policy responsive to the needs of the Military Departments, taking into consideration Executive Orders, OMB Guidance and historical and emerging legislation.
- Helps review assigned programs for potential efficiencies based on joint service initiatives and/or federal partnership opportunities.
- Identifies deficiencies in existing policy and regulatory areas, and justifies, defends, and negotiates changes.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548749700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.