This position is part of the Bureau of Land Management in Anchorage, Alaska. This position serves as a Physical Scientist (Air Resources) in the Renewable Resources Branch, Division of Resources, in the Alaska State Office. Information about locations within Alaska can be found at: State of AlaskaLearn more about this agency
This announcement is being advertised concurrently under MP-10571277-19-VG for current and former federal employees. You must apply to each announcement separately.
- Serve as the primary adviser and technical support to the State Director, District and Field Office Managers on all matters related to air quality, to include greenhouse gas emissions, and other atmospheric and climate topics.
- Provide technical support to headquarters and the National Operations Center as required.
- Develop and assist in developing procedures, policies, and regulations that meet all environmental, legal, and technical requirements.
- Provide technical air expertise to identify impacts to climate and air quality for meeting BLM's obligations under NEPA, land use planning, oil and gas development, minerals leasing and development, and renewable natural resource management.
- Oversee, review and conduct air dispersion modeling for land use plans and impact assessments supporting resource management and planning analysis. Provide technical planning support for other BLM programs (e.g., oil and gas development).
- Provide technical support to the Division of Resources District and Field Office staffs, NOC and headquarters.
- Provide technical expertise in coordinating with adjacent international and local air agencies, particularly with the State of Alaska.
- Develop policy and guidance on air quality and climate data collection, analysis and storage, as well as model application, testing and validation.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543886900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.