The mission of the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) is to provide the fullest possible accounting for our missing personnel from our Nation's past conflicts to their families and our Nation. DPAA personnel research, investigate, recover and identify remains of DoD personnel unaccounted for from World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Cold War, the Iraq conflicts and Persian Gulf War. The DPAA Director, (SES-III), reports to the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy.Learn more about this agency
Your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Set, convey, and enforce standards and procedures for research and case development
- Be the historical advisor and professional consultant for DPAA conducting historical studies; obtaining, collecting, analyzing, exploiting, and integrating all available historical evidence and information; interpreting military history in the context of U.S. military and civilian personnel; establishing historical facts based upon research conducted; and grouping historical facts along with determining interrelationships to search, recover, and identify unaccounted-for persons from past conflicts.
- Research historical records and investigate leads to identify information requirements and gaps to satisfy during field investigations and disinterments.
- Act as the lead in developing historical information and regional strategies to directly support casualty investigations and search and recovery missions.
- Possess an understanding of the geography and flow of battle, casualty evacuation processes, remains recovery activities, and remains handling and processing procedures.
- Define scope of assignments and determine breadth and/or depth of historical research program, budget, and schedule for completion of projects for review by peers and DPAA senior leadership.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541101400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.