The purpose of these positions is to perform moderately heavy physical labor requiring the use of hand tools, power equipment, and operation of light-duty motor vehicles.Learn more about this agency
Temporary positions not-to-exceed 1039 regular hours in a service year may be terminated sooner or extended depending on management needs.
The typical seasonal entry-on-duty period is May-October but can be variable during these months due to weather conditions, project needs, or funding. Anticipated Entry on Duty: May 2019
- Operate heavy power equipment such as lawn mowers, portable snow blowers, and all types of hand tools (such as shovels, rakes, lawn edging equipment, etc.) to maintain buildings, grounds, roads, trails, etc.
- Safely load and unload supplies and materials from trucks, trailers, dollies, etc., and moving furniture.
- Remove and set up signs, paint picnic tables and signs, rake and water lawns, trim trees and shrubbery, pick up litter, etc.
- Use and maintain heavy type power mowers, including adjusting blades, cleaning, and oiling.
- Perform janitorial duties for buildings in the absence of janitor and as backup support.
- Operate and perform minor operator maintenance on light duty motor vehicles such as pickup trucks, panel trucks, flatbed trucks, carryalls, sedans, crew cab pickup trucks, which typically have an approximate gross vehicle weight of up to 4500 kilograms (10,000 pounds).
- Maintain current knowledge, and answer questions from other workers on procedures, policies, written instructions, and other directives, and ensure safety and housekeeping rules are followed.
- Check work while in progress and when finished to ensure instructions on work sequence, procedures, methods, and deadlines have been met.
- Demonstrate proper work methods and works along with others to set a work pace.
- Ensure necessary plans, materials, supplies, equipment, and tools are available when needed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524911700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.