This position is located in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of the Commissioner (OC), Office of External Affairs (OEA), Office of Media Affairs (OMA), Silver Spring, Maryland.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-OC-MP-18-10158269 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered under both options.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
The Social Media Director will serve as a visionary thought leader of where and how to take social media for the FDA. If selected for this position, you will:
- Develop and maintain overarching social media strategy for the FDA across various platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and other social media channels.
- Plan, guide and assign work to team members in overseeing the development and release of all information distributed via social media, including setting and adjusting short-term priorities and preparing timelines for completion of work.
- Provide expert advice and counsel on social media activities, and oversee social media tactics and policies, particularly around high-profile issues and complex communications challenges.
- Initiate, create and edit content for social media about multifaceted public health issues using plain language.
- Develop, edit and use photographs, illustrations, animation, and video and/or sound files to help explain scientific information and other topics covered in social media content.
- Stay apprised of emerging social media technologies, trends and industry news, and present new ideas and a business case for implementing new social media activities/platforms for the FDA.
- Study the effectiveness of social media tactics and policies, and work to improve effectiveness, and optimize FDA accounts to increase customer engagement and experience.
- Oversee and update, as appropriate, FDA?s social media policy.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent the agency/office in meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493859200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.