This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Medical Products and Tobacco (OMPT), Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Office of Executive Programs (OEP), Immediate Office (IO), locate in Silver Spring, MD.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-CDER-18-MP-10153652 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered under both options.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
- Direct the development of the Legislative agenda including managing legislative function and policy development.
- Participate with key advisors to the CDER Center Director in planning and coordinating the total Center legislative program.
- Provide technical, analytical, advisory and information services to the agency's components, HHS, the White House, OMB, other government agencies, private organizations and the public on Center legislation.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the Office of the Commissioner's Office of Budget and Legislation.
- Manage the Centers participation in congressional hearings including preparation of testimony and briefing materials, and covers all other congressional hearings on matters of interest to the Center.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492901200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.