This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Administration for Community Living, headquartered in Washington, District of Columbia.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-ACL-MP-21-11080359 under merit promotion procedures. Please review this announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
As an ACL Program Manager, you will use your knowledge and experience to optimize business results and customer experience by:
- Acting as a consultant and advisor to the Center Director (or equivalent) on policies, procedures, and critical issues that have a major impact on the ACL programs, including the Independent Living programs, providing guidance on the implications of proposed, new or revised policies, regulations, and legislative proposals, and providing expert advice, guidance and support to the Center Director (or equivalent) on the key mission critical issues, initiatives and agency functions.
- Assisting in development of the ACL Independent Living programs and coordinating policies and strategic initiatives identified by the Center Director (or equivalent) and Administration.
- Overseeing the implementation of key strategic priorities and initiatives, offering leadership acumen and demonstrating the ability to work with staff of all levels on serious and usually sensitive matters.
- Developing program budgets and using financial resources effectively and creatively for innovative approaches and solutions.
- Representing the Center Director (or equivalent) in important meetings, conferences and discussions on matters as they relate to the Agency's Independent Living programs and services.
- Serving as a key liaison with ACL senior staff to ensure that Independent Living programs effectively implement policy and strategic initiatives.
- Managing a program and/or office assessing program/office operations and assigning staff and other resources to ensure overall accountability and operational excellence,
- Conducting numerous complex and high-priority special assignments at the discretion of the Center Director (or equivalent) involving extensive research, fact-finding and analysis on a variety of high-level subjects of critical importance to the Agency.
- Maintaining liaison with ACL and other interested HHS components, as well as advisory groups, through representing the Center Director (or equivalent) on committees and work groups, or arranging for or fulfilling requests for information and comments.
- Reviewing and coordinating independent living program and policy issues and recommending changes where they are needed.
Occasional travel - Domestic Travel
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599968900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.