This position is located in Haleakala National Park, in the Resources Management Division. Incumbent serves as a senior principal advisor in the management of natural and cultural resources and is responsible for program development and implementation.
This announcement has been extended until April 19, 2021. It is open to the first 30 applicants or until 04/19/2021 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Directs program of natural resource management activities that involve sensitive and complex issues.
- Develops and implements long range plans for the inventory, evaluation, documentation, preservation, research, and interpretation of park natural resources.
- Serves as liaison with federal, state, and local entities on natural resource concerns.
- Provided professional advice based on scientific knowledge and field experience to support park management decisions.
- Prepares, reviews, or evaluates wildlife and physical sciences research and grant proposals.
- Collects, analyzes, and synthesizes scientific information from research, monitors resources management actions, actions and prepares reports.
- Coordinates park resource management programs with those on adjacent lands.
- The incumbent will directly supervise a team of permanent and seasonal positions and is responsible for the full range of supervisory duties including recruitment, selection, evaluation, and counseling.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598016900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.