What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
- GS-12 $76,721 (step 01) to $99,741 (step 10)
As a Statistician within the National Wildlife Health Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Develop and implement novel statistical modeling approaches to better understand and predict wildlife diseases.
- Oversee the design and creation of analysis and processing workflows, including detailed, well documented, and automated program code, for structured and unstructured data.
- Generate collaborative research projects that develop new data science techniques, and apply appropriate methods towards prediction, reproducibility, and communication.
- Communicate research findings to both technical and non-technical audiences, and results are used to inform management decisions.
- Develop data visualization tools to aid interpretation and use of complex modeling results by natural resource managers.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be expected for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587786200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.