What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
Salary: GS-12: $85,799 (Step 01) to $111,543 (Step 10).
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
The selectee will be entitled to a cost of living allowance of 2.86% in addition to the basic salary.
This position and is being advertised concurrently with the following announcements: Open to current or former Federal employees: USGS-DEN-20-10916259-ST-DEG
As a Research Fish Biologist within the Alaska Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, some of your specific duties will include:
- Plans, conducts, and directs research related to wildlife or ecological resources, with application to contemporary science, policy and management needs.
- Conducts research that is cooperator driven and provides scientific basis for management and policy decisions.
- Serves as subject matter expert in fish and wildlife ecology, providing leadership and guidance to government and private agencies and university representatives through participation in meetings, conferences and work groups.
- Disseminate research results via final reports, peer reviewed print scientific journals, online scientific journals, books, book chapters or other outlets. Make presentations on findings to scientific and conservation organizations.
- Serves as graduate faculty member, contributing to both the research, graduate student mentorship, and teaching mission of the university.
- Operates a government vehicle as an incidental driver.
- Ability to build an applied research program focused on the ecology, management, and conservation of fish species;
- Experience conducting research on adaptation of aquatic species to a changing climate, and impacts of natural and human disturbances on fish and their habitats across broad landscapes;
- Expertise in field-based research, and application and development of modern quantitative analyses; and/or
- Incorporating human dimensions into fisheries management and conservation.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580247200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.