The Clinical Center Nursing Department service areas include Oncology and Critical Care (OCC); Neuroscience, Behavioral Health and Pediatrics (NBHP), Medical Surgical Specialties (MSS), Perioperative Nursing, Interventional Radiology, and more.Learn more about this agency
See "Next Steps" section for detailed information on the application process.
If selected for this position, your duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Exercising the full domain of practice for the clinical research nurse specialty that includes providing clinical care to research patients, supporting protocol implementation, data collection, continuity of care, human subjects protection and dissemination of clinical research findings.
- Utilizing advanced critical thinking and nursing skills to assess, plan, perform and evaluate nursing care for individual patients, patient's families and significant others who are participants in biomedical research protocols.
- Identifying and communicating the impact of research processes on patient care.
- Reporting to the research team any intervention adjustments based on issues and variances found through evidence-based nursing practices.
- Supporting biomedical research through detailed observation, measurements and data collection related to pertinent assessments as defined by the protocol specifications and the nurse's clinical judgment.
- Documenting observations, identifying trends and effectively communicating this information to the multidisciplinary research team and nursing colleagues.
- Providing feedback to colleagues and investigators on all issues affecting the quality of the research endeavor.
- Assisting less-experienced nurses to learn the specifics of studies or protocols.
- Evaluating patient trends in outcomes and compliance.
- Contributing to the design of clinical trials.
- Providing patient-focused nursing care within an interdisciplinary team by collaborating with team members to create and communicate a plan of care that balances clinical care needs with research needs and allows for safe and effective collection of clinical research data.
- Contributing to multidisciplinary rounds and activities regarding patient care and protocol implementation.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/574422100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.