The ideal candidate for this position will be experienced in providing administrative support needed to manage and run an organization. This position starts at a salary of $131,507 (GS-14). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region Nine team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will provide the overall direction and supervision under the administrative functions consisting of financial programs; property and supply; common services; safety; fleet; records management; contracting; mail management; management analysis; and facilities.
Typical assignments include:
- Assigning/reviewing work, advising on all administrative matters, and evaluating performance.
- Analyzing administrative issues for the Region, developing short and long-range plans to ensure office operations are conducted efficiently, and effectively and meeting mission requirements.
- Directing the financial management activities for the region to include authorizing/monitoring of expenditures.
- Overseeing the purchasing program to ensure purchases are within delegated authority and guidelines.
- Conducting studies and making recommendations concerning utilization of office space and equipment and organizational structure for maximum benefits.
25% or less - Travel up to 25% is required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556572900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.