What is a base facilities management agency?
Base facilities management agencies include:
• The Department of Defense, Defense Industrial Base Facility
• The Department of Defense Major Range and Test Facilities Base
If you’re a current employee of a defense industrial base facility or the Major Range and Test Facilities Base, you may be eligible to apply to a merit promotion job at any federal agency.
To be eligible you must meet all of the following conditions:
- You’re a current employee of a defense industrial base facility or the Major Range and Test Facilities Base.
- Your job is a time-limited appointment in the competitive service.
- You’ve worked under 1 or more time-limited appointments for more than 24 months – it doesn’t have to be continuous, as long as there’s no break of two or more years.
- You were originally hired under open, competitive examination under Subchapter I of Chapter 33 of such title to the time-limited appointment.
How do I know a job is open to the Base Facilities Management workforce?
In the job announcement look for the This job is open to section. Look for the Land and base management icon:
You can also select the Land & base management filter in search. Read the job announcement to see if the job is open to base facilities management employees.
You may also apply to jobs open only to the base facilities management agencies listed above. Look for the Internal to an agency icon: