This position is located in the Department of Congressional and Public Affairs, Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-11, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 4C which is generally equal to GS-11.
- Provides strategic direction for social media accounts across all account holders and leads content development in support of the strategy
- Provides training to account holders on proper content posts, time of day to post, and how many times. Provide daily monitor and management of platforms
- Monitors activity on accounts and responds to comments when appropriate. Cross-posts videos on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media sites to increase viewership
- Provides strategic management for Instagram, Tumblr, LinkedIn and Snapchat, and other select social media accounts
- Manages and contributes to the strategic development, management and production of material for MCC Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts
- Solicit articles, information and stories for placement on agency-wide social media accounts and to amplify MCC's accounts
- Writes short features and selects images that are relevant to MCC programs, special initiatives and focus areas
- Selects and updates content daily to highlight the stories, videos, special initiatives and other content
- Lead digital rapid response from domestic and international events. Oversee creation of digital assets, curate and deliver content in a variety of media formats to build platforms with high volume and maximum organic reach
- Conducts analyses of usage metrics and social media statistics to gauge effectiveness and make recommendations for future decisions and strategic direction
- Assists senior staff/OCEO staff on trips and events when we know there be high social media engagement and engage with partnering organizations on the intended social media strategy for events
- Create social media tool kits when deemed necessary to send out to MCC partners
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514148800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.