How to save a search
You can save a search to help you look for jobs in your area of interest. When you save a search, we’ll automatically look for jobs that match the keywords and other criteria in your search. We’ll email you, daily, weekly or monthly, when there are new jobs that match what you’re looking for.
- You can create and save up to 10 saved searches—a saved search will expire one year after you create it.
- You can sign up to receive daily, weekly or monthly email notifications.
- You can manage your saved searches in your account.
To save a job search and sign up for email notifications:
- Sign into your USAJOBS account. If you don’t have an account, you need to create one. Only signed in users can save their search.
- Start a job search by entering a keyword or location in the search box and click Search.
- Narrow your results using filters.
- Click Save this search on the search results page located above the search results.
- Name your search—this will help you manage your saved searches.
- Choose how often you want to get notified. We recommend daily if you’re looking for very specific jobs since some jobs can open and close within a week. If you select daily, you’ll receive one email per day IF new jobs have been posted that match your criteria in the last 24 hours.
- Click Save.
Manage saved searches in your account
You can manage your saved searches in the Saved Searches section of your account. You can have both active and archived saved searches.
- Sign into your USAJOBS account and go to Saved Searches.
- Click the + next to a saved search to see more details. From here you can:
Run your saved search
Click View Results to run the saved search and see your results.
Renew a search
Saved searches expire after one year and will automatically move into your archived list. Click Renew to renew your search for an additional year.
Edit your saved search
Click Edit search criteria to change your keywords, location or filters. You’ll have the option to save the updated search.
Edit your notification settings
You can update how often you want to receive emails with your saved search results. Click Edit notifications settings to change your notifications to daily, weekly, monthly or turn them off.
Delete your saved search
You can only delete saved searches from your archived list. Go to your archived saved searches and click the + next to the saved search you want to delete. Click Delete located under the Unarchive Search button.
If you delete a saved search, we’ll remove it from your account and you’ll no longer receive email notifications with those search results.
Archive your saved search
Click Archive to move the saved search to your archived list. You may want to archive a saved search if you’re no longer interested in the search, but you don’t want to delete it.