As a Criminal Investigator, you will be responsible for conducting and reporting upon investigations of suspected criminal violations affecting the programs, operations, and employees of the GSA consistent with the Inspector General Act of 1978.Learn more about this agency
Location of position:
OIG Office of Investigations
Regional Investigations Offices in Boston, MA and Denver, CO
We are currently filling one vacancy in each location, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed.
As Criminal Investigator, you will perform the following duties:
- Plans, coordinates and conducts complex investigations into criminal and civil violations of law and administrative matters relating to GSA programs, operations and employees.
- Performs investigative activities such as interviewing witnesses and subjects of investigation; executing search warrants, serving judicial process such as subpoenas and summons; conducting surveillance; and obtaining and preserving evidence.
- Presents investigative results orally and establishes and maintains liaison with investigative and legal personnel in the other Offices of Inspectors General, U.S. Attorneys, Federal Bureau of lnvestigation and federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
- Prepares written reports of investigative activities and final reports of investigation pursuant to OIG guidelines.
- Plans and conducts surveillance and makes arrests.
- Testifies in court proceedings.
13 - FPL GS-13
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616953800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.