This position is located in Region 1, Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest, Palouse Ranger District, Potlatch, Idaho.Learn more about this agency
This position is responsible for recreation, special uses, lands, and other administrative functions.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Joseph Loehner at 208-476-8293, Joseph.Loehner@usda.gov.
- Provide input into natural resources planning process for wilderness, trails, and special uses activities.
- Coordinate with other natural resources to ensure program requirements are included in project planning and execution.
- Conduct surveys and studies of recreation facilities and trails for rehabilitation plans.
- Participate in the development and delivery of wilderness recreation programs for the local community.
- Develop work plans for usage of wilderness areas, construction and maintenance of trails, parking areas, trailhead facilities, campgrounds, and other developed recreation sites.
- Initiate contact with the public to educate visitors and protect resources.
- Participate in the development and delivery of wilderness education programs for the local community.
Occasional travel - Travel is required for site visits, meetings, and training including occasional overnight travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616800900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.